Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thoughts From Cat

8 weeks 2 days

Well, yesterday I redefined what morning sickness has looked like for me so far. I wasn't even feeling all that queasy, but swallowing my prenatal vitamin triggered my gag reflex, and though I tried to fight it, I lost. And lost my breakfast. Oh, well. That didn't happen today, so hopefully it won't happen too much!

I want to read the book Baby Wise. I've heard from people on both sides, but I definitely want our baby on a schedule. My mom swears by it (actually she doesn't swear, but she feels strongly about it), and I've watched my own friends on both sides of the spectrum. I've seen enough to know that I want some structure! Which I'm sure doesn't surprise anybody who knows me. I don't know if that's the best book on baby schedules or if there's a better one...I can read several!

I broke the zipper on a pair of pants I was wearing this week. I borrowed them from a friend but they were already too tight for me, so I only zipped them part way, and then later I realized the zipper was broken! I don't think I'm growing much yet, so I'm not sure how that happened!! Several of my pants I'm just leaving the button open. It's much more comfy-I can't handle the pressure on my belly-it increases the nausea!

4 comments:

  1. Cat, I didn't know you were blogging. I'm definitely going to keep up with this... I love hearing about how your pregnancy is going. Your class sounds like fun! Except for the flu-catching part... Ben and I will be praying for you during your pregnancy!

    love, cousin Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Baby Wise & used lots of the advice, but might I also suggest coupling that reading with The Happiest Baby on the Block. Some of the suggestions from both books contradict each other, but if gave me a reference point & I used what I liked from both & Brynlee seemed to do fine! :) And- might I suggest using a elastic hairband to wrap around your pants button, go through the button hole & then back around the button. This helps keep the zipper up, & not so obvious your pants are undone! Ok- thats all I got :)
    ~Carrie Catt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Growing belly! My sister is pregnant. Fo' reals!

    (Not that you were not before, it's just that... well, the pictures James sent out left something to be desired in clarity.)

    I'm quite excited for y'all!

    -Your Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Darling! I just figured out I can write to you here without having to join anything as with Facebook, or be witty as with a Blog, or be concise as with Twitter (you know me- I am NOT a person of few words)!
    Let's see... Regarding putting Piglet on a schedule, I'd be happy to send you a copy of MY FIRST 300 BABIES. That's what I used in order to put YOU on a schedule when you were nine months old, and it worked! :)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete