Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Furniture Project




I recently took on a big project. Well, big for me! I don't usually redo pieces of furniture! But I was inspired by a blog I just started following and thought, "I can change this!"

So...here's how we began:
My Aunt Sara offered us this hutch several years ago. She brought it down to us just this summer (it's hard to make time to do the drive with the truck to haul furniture!!). It's pretty, especially with the light from the camera flash, but it looks really dark in our home, and I wasn't crazy about it. So...I took the doors off and painted it...
and added pretty scrapbook paper to the back of each shelf.


Final product:


I'm excited! I think we may put it in the kitchen so it can stand against the red wall and POP! Plus, the curtains in there are the black and cream toille pattern like the paper on the shelves. Hooray!

And just for fun, a picture of me and Elijah this weekend:

6 comments:

  1. Cat, Wow, what an overhaul-it looks amazing! Great job friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful. i cant believe how good it looks. keeping the doors off was a great idea.


    i love the just for fun photo of you and HUGE little man! more, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is you turned it into?? It's so ballin'!! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cabinet turned out really cute. I love it with the paper on the back of the shelves. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on this transformation!! It looks amazing! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your wonderful creations up at my weekly party, Fabulous Friday Finds, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete