Wednesday, September 29, 2010

To Teethe...or Not to Teethe

The jury is still out, but Elijah might be on the road to cutting a tooth. From what I hear, we could have months of these behaviors, so I'm not going to get too excited, but I think we're definitely heading that direction!
For a couple weeks now, he's been enthusiastically pulling everything he can get his hands on into his mouth. It's quite comical because his aim isn't very good and so he sometimes gets his hand in instead of the object in his hand, and other times has his mouth wide open to receive something that is bumping against his cheek or eye. Maybe that's funnier in real life. You'll have to take my word for it.
He has become a drooling machine! I can be mid-conversation with someone when I realize his gnawing on my finger has produced a puddle of drool on my leg or his lap!
I bought him some teething toys at Target this week. The one I gave him after refrigerating it was a bit of a surprise to him, but he warmed up to it (haha I'm so punny!).
This week, he has a bit of a runny nose and a low fever. Turns out this might be an actual cold or even the beginnings of seasonal allergies, but it still could be a teething symptom!

No comments:

Post a Comment