Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So Expressive!

Elijah loves to talk! We don't know what he's saying, but he sure goes at it! I know I talked about him screaming before, but today I decided something. There's screaming, and then there's screaming. We have, believe it or not, reached a new level. Try it yourself. You can use your normal voice and shout as loudly as you can, but then to get even louder or high-pitched, you kind of throw your diaphragm into it and open your throat and make even more noise. Well, our son has just realized that. I'm sitting at the table trying to read my Bible, Elijah's happily playing on his blanket on next to me, talking and jabbering away, when suddenly he's screaming. Talk, talk, SCREAM, talk. Talk, talk, talk, talk, SCREAM SCREAM, talk, talk. Wow. He was still happy and smiling, though! Oh, goodness.
His sound of choice right now is the "m" sound. Mamamamamama. :) I choose to think he's talking about me.
A sure fire way to get him to laugh is usually to make a pig sound. He has a book with all different animals and every time I get to the pig page and make the sound, he giggles. Precious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment