Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back in the Day


I found something interesting as I was going through some stuff yesterday. Elijah is a scooting and rolling machine (he's actually covering ground now while sitting on his bottom and pulling with his little feet, he travels around and everything!), and he likes to pull things out of the little cubbies of our coffee table. We've known that once that started happening, we'd need to rearrange our living room storage situation, so yesterday I tackled that. I did pretty well, actually, and was quite happy with it-I cleared out two of the three bottom cubbies completely, and now one of them holds his library books. :) Anyway, one of the things I found was my note-taking journal. Back in the day, before Elijah came, I took this journal to church and ATS and such, and took notes on the message. I remember those days...but I have not tried this in many months! I had to laugh when I realized what the last bulletin was that got stuck in there: Mother's Day, May 2010. Just a couple weeks before Elijah was born! And I probably haven't taken notes in church since then! :) For a while I was too busy holding him, or taking him out to nurse him, or whatever. And now, I come late to church every week to let him take a nap first, and when I do come, my arms are so full of baby and diaper bag, etc, that I rarely even take my Bible, much less a journal! :)

HAHAHA.




In other news, Elijah is thinking about a profession in culinary artistry.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen to those things of days past :) - I love reading your thoughts and reflections! Makes me miss sitting and talking to you but so thankful for blogs :)

    ReplyDelete