Monday, August 8, 2011

Changing the World

I think everyone who reads my blog knows our big news already since we're real friends in other places-you know, the real world, or at least our newsletters and facebook! :) But just in case you missed it in those venues, we are pregnant! We are so thrilled that God would entrust another little life to our care. We really do believe that children are a blessing from God and that we can honor Him in the way we parent. I was reading Elijah a bedtime story from his AWESOME little Bible (the Jesus Storybook Bible is THE way to go!) and had tears in my eyes as I read again the sweet summary of God's plan. I physically ache for the day our precious son will begin to understand the hugeness of God's love, both for him personally and for the world at large. What an awesome responsibility we have as parents to teach the most important lessons kids will ever understand. I pray daily for the time Elijah will accept God's love for himself, and now to be entrusted with another little heart and spirit and mind to shepherd and mold?! We are beyond blessed!

Here's a precious excerpt from the Bible story: (Adam and Eve have just sinned and are leaving the garden)

"Well, in another story, it would all be over and that would have been...
THE END.

But not in this Story. God loved his children too much to let the story end there. Even though he knew he would suffer, God had a plan--a magnificent dream. One day, he would get his children back......You see, no matter what, in spite of everything, God would love his children --with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love. And though they would forget him, and run from him, deep in their hearts, God's children would miss him always, and long for him --lost children yearning for their home.
Before they left the garden, God whispered a promise to Adam and Eve: "It will not always be so! I will come to rescue you! And when I do, I'm going to do battle against the snake. I'll get rid of the sin and the dark and the sadness you let in here. I'm coming back for you!"
And he would. One day, God himself would come."

I almost always cry when I read from this Bible. It's ridiculous. But EVERY story points to the redemptive story of Jesus. It's truly the greatest story ever told-how could I not love it?!

Seriously. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Totally have that Bible. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations James & Cat!! So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete