Monday, October 31, 2011

Runner


So I mentioned that I had other plans for the rest of the chair fabric. Here it is! I made a matching table runner to help tie in the color scheme. Our 8 foot table is WAAAY too long for any conventional tablecloth to ever cover it, so I decided I was going to make table runners for different seasons, etc, to change the look. So this is the first one!I made it reversible! Just for fun!

This is the first time I've ever tried to make anything reversible, and it requires more care and precise attention to detail than I usually use when sewing. When you look closely, there are spots where you can tell from the top what the underneath material is, but it's mostly hidden!
I also bought material to make a fall table runner, and James kindly pulled the Christmas tablecloth out of the attic, so I'm going to make the fall/Christmas ones reversible, too. I haven't started it yet, but hopefully soon. Since it's fall now and everything. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cat you are so creative. I really like the fabric you used! Great job on the runner! Miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete