Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Roo's Room-The Plan

So you saw all the fabric samples I was playing with last week?  Well, we've made choices, I've done some super bargain shopping, located great online tutorials, and started sewing!  Want to see?  :)

These are the three fabrics I'm using for crib sheets.  This is the tutorial I'm using.  I've completed one so far and will finish up the other two tonight-they're super easy! 

 This will be the changing table pad cover.  I do wish the flannel were a solid purple under the dots, instead of mottled, but it's less obvious in real life.  This is the tutorial I plan to use, and it turns out this is the same tutorial my friend Autumn used to make the cover for Elijah's room!  :)  Hopefully I can do it as well as she did!  :)
 I LOVE this fabric!  This floral pattern will be the crib bumpers and probably curtains or valances, too.  This is the tutorial I've landed on for the bumpers.
 This stripey fabric is the original fabric I was searching for-I'm just so excited to really be using it!  This will be the dust ruffle, and I plan to also incorporate it into the curtains or valances.  This is the tutorial I'm using for the dust ruffle, though I'm making mine way shorter than the instructions say, if anyone cares.  :)
 I have done some serious couponing and bargain shopping in the last several days, and I have to admit I am feeling pretty proud of myself!  Check it out:
Two of the crib fabrics were 30% off at Hobby Lobby (saved $6):
 Used a 40% off coupon on the changing table cover material (saved $2.50):
 Used a 50% off coupon on the stripey dust ruffle fabric at Joann's (saved $19):
 Combined a TON of coupons at Joann's for the rest of the materials (fabrics, elastics, etc), including a $15 off, 2 60% offs, and a 40% off (saved $42):
 The big trip to Joann's ended up being a little complicated.  They didn't have enough of the gray and purple flower material and a very kind associate called several stores to get some transferred for me, but apparently everyone is shopping at Joann's right now and it took a long time and was super confusing.  So I ended up getting the flower material in pieces, which meant it didn't all come off under the big 60% off coupon like I was planning, and actually, at one point I think the lady double-charged me for a small portion of it, but it ended up being less than I'd calculated when I tried to do the math, and I was thoroughly confused, so I just took it!  I had been planning to use a $10 off your $50 purchase, but she got it to where I got $15 off my $75 purchase, so maybe she was helping me get to the $75.  Either way, I saved more money than I'd expected even though there are more items on my receipt (???), and she already had had to ring me up twice, but it worked out GREAT and I was so happy and excited!

SOOOOO!  Grand total spent on baby bedding: $88.26 (plus $12 for the original fabric samples)!  Right at $100!!!  I'm super excited-I LOVE the fabrics, and this would easily cost several hundred if I bought it already made.  If I could even find fabrics I wanted already made into these things.  :)  And from what I've started so far, I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fabric left over, at least of the stripey dust ruffle fabric, so we'll see what else I come up with to do with it!!!  :)

What do y'all think?  Do you like it?  :)

5 comments:

  1. Looks great, Cat!! I am soooo excited for you :) Can't wait to see how it all comes together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep this up and pretty soon YOU will be making the tutorials :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So impressed, and you're such a good blogger!!

    ReplyDelete