Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas


I want to share a super fun thing that I did for James this Christmas season.  The idea came from here, and I just LOVE it!  The idea is to give your spouse one small gift each day for twelve days ("On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...").  At first I wasn't going to do it because I found the idea mere days before I would be starting, but then I thought about how much James LOVES getting presents, and how fun it would be for him to get them for so many days in a row...and I had to do it!  As soon as I decided I was in, I got super excited and then couldn't wait for it to start!  I'm sharing this because it's soooooo fun, and maybe other people can use this idea in the future!  I'm thankful to Trina from Passionate Homemaking for inspiring me-what a great way to love my husband!!!  I used several of her ideas, and then read through some of the comments on her post to get other ideas.  I made a little card for each day on Word, and used pictures I found online to go with each day.




He says this is his favorite of all the twelve presents!


Actually they were normal white socks, but I thought I'd give him a little scare first.  :)
 The sweet little printables attached to the candy came from here.  There are actually more than seven, but that's the number I needed.



9 Reasons My Husband Rocks




 And yes, I realize there are a few days that are conspicuously absent, thank you.  Let's just say that those gifts are none of your business.  ;)

And yes, I also realize that the official twelve days of Christmas are between Christmas and Epiphany.  Artistic license, friends.  It doesn't hurt anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment