Thursday, March 29, 2012

Roo Update: 40 wks 2 days

Go to James' blog to read his version of today.  :)

We had to deal with some disappointment this morning.  We've been praying for labor to start by today, because it was our 40 wk (+2 days) doctor's appointment.  I didn't realize how much I'd been hoping for it to happen by today, but then when I woke up with no contractions, I was pretty disappointed.  And may have cried a bit.

Thankfully, God is faithful.  These are the verses I'm hanging on to today:
"Shall I bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery?" says the LORD. "Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb?" says your God."  - Isaiah 66:9
"Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will be faithful to complete it." -Phil 1:6

I was nervous about the doctor's appointment because I felt like we were running out of time to have this baby the way we are wanting to.  Thankfully, it went great and was very peaceful!  We got a nice long ultrasound to check Roo's position, and while we were looking, also got to see her sweet little face!  She has precious chubby cheeks and perfect eyelids and we just love her and can't wait to hold her!  She even was sucking on her fingers for a while!  So peaceful (come on, little girl, get out of there!!!)!

Our doctor checked me and is comfortable with letting us go at least to 41 weeks, possibly close to 42.  I do not want to be pregnant for that much longer but I feel like it takes the pressure off and lets us feel like it's okay for us to keep waiting for God's timing!  While the doctor checked me, she could feel me having a contraction that I actually wasn't even feeling!  That was super encouraging (I was secretly hoping for that to happen) because I feel like my body is working even while I'm not realizing it.  Thank you, Lord!  She also did a couple of procedures in the office and gave us a few things to do at home to help Roo engage more and to encourage stronger contractions.  The gory details for those who want to know: I'm just almost a 2, 50% effaced, very soft, baby's head is engaged on one side (so I'm sleeping on my right side tonight!), and she stripped my membranes, which is about as pleasant as it sounds.  :)  I'm feeling definitely more achy and sore since then.  I also have a UTI I didn't even know about, so started meds for that.

We are home and are still waiting for this perfect little one to make her grand appearance.  For every passing day we have arrived at the same two conclusions: God is good, and Roo is worth every minute of anticipation.

Please Pray:
- For spontaneous labor to begin in God's perfect timing (we'd like it to be before Tuesday, or just ASAP)
- For contractions to be strong enough to help Cat progress naturally
- For a healthy baby and a healthy mommy

- For our hearts to be governed by peace and not fear
- For good rest for us as we wait

James' twitter handle for updates when we go into labor: @JamesMWise

No comments:

Post a Comment